Jane came to Bermuda with her husband Richard[Rick] in 1976 when he took up a position at Appleby [then Appleby, Spurling & Kempe]. She raised three children and was active in charity work. Jane and Rick met at The College of William & Mary in Virginia. and lived in Virginia while Rick was studying and received an BA& MBA. Jane received a BA in Education. They moved to the UK where Rick attended Trinity College, Oxford and obtained a law degree.
- Teacher of Primary School and Children with Learning Disabilities both in Virginia, USA and UK.
- Bermuda Chamber of Commerce–Administrator for Membership, Marketing, and St. George’s Division 1994-2002
- Bermuda Junior Service League [1979-1992] President 1990-92
- Council Member of the Bermuda National Trust in charge of fundraising
- Committee of Management of the LCCA 1997- [Lady Cubitt Compassionate Association], Chair 2017-present.
- Bermuda Health Alliance Member representing the BHB, Chair 2002-04
- Chair of the Capital Campaign for new operating theatres + 1996-1999
- Bermuda Hospitals Charitable Trust [now Foundation] 2003-present
- ‘Why It Matters’ Campaign to build the New Acute Care Wing of the KEMH opened 2014
- Education planning Team 1987-95
- Board of Trustees of St. George’s Preparatory School 1988-96
- Bermuda Hospitals Board 1992-2002
- Chair of Development
- Chair of KEMH Centenary 1994
- Family Court Panel 2005-present [Lay Magistrate]
- Jane has served on several Boards and Committees at her alma mater the currently on the Muscarelle Museum of Art Foundation at the College of William & Mary
- Justice of the Peace 2010 for service to the Family Court
- Queen’s Certificate and Badge of Honour in the New Year’s Honours 2015 for Service to the Community.